Thursday, November 6, 2008

painting for Russ

Okay so today has been a long, long day..... I have got this railing just about where I want it. Feeling very pleased. Its funny how I feel so challenged with a painting and cant imagine how I will execute it and all of a sudden it just hits its stride and I overcome the challenges. Im sure there will be many more ahead with this painting but for today I am feeling very satisfied... thanks for my friend Louise for bringing me chicken soup and a cafe mocha as Ive been feeling under the weather. It was just what I needed to get a few more hours in. off to parent teacher interviews!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It goes to show you, "What goes around , comes around". Thank you Michelle for helping out last night when I stupidly locked my keys in the car, at the arena ( where else would we be ? ) when it was still running. Michele came to my rescue. No, she did not know how to break into my car, but I'm sure the boys will know now after being intently engrossed in how the CAA guy did it. If they become involved later on in some grand auto theft ring, it's all the CAA's fault. All the more reason to keep them at the rink. That being said, we independent woman have a need for friends, and in this area I feel truly blessed over and over with the best of the best when it comes to friends, Thanks for the help Michelle!!
Everyone should have "that place" where you can go in your mind to escape the world we have created around us and the stressors that come with it ( sometimes not always our doing). Well, in Russ' painting I have found "that place".
The railings, with the lighting and shadowing also takes me to the favourite time of the day for me. I can't wait to see it totally finished!
Louise